Fair Go video
News and Publications
Recent Media Releases
- KiwiSaver members must meet strict criteria to withdraw their savings early
- Renting students should consider contents insurance
- Remember to check your house insurance policies
- 'Sum Insured' house insurance policies still creating confusion
- Canterbury Floods
- Insurance & Savings Ombudsman Scheme support for Christchurch
Consumer Information Sheets
We have prepared a series of Consumer Information Sheets on issues which are frequently the subject of complaints made by consumers to the ISO.
Financial Services and Superannuation
General Insurance (house, contents, vehicle)
- Sum Insured - House Insurance?
- Policy Excesses
- Breach of Conditions of Driver's Licence
- What you need to tell your insurer
- Duty of Care
- Insurance of Jewellery
- Modifications to Vehicles
- Basis of Settlement - Motor Vehicle Claims
- Proving Your Loss
- Sudden or Gradual Damage
Health and Disability Insurance
- Balance is key for Insurance & Savings Ombdusman, Karen Stevens
Insurers brace for floods
By Marta Steeman, 6 March 2014
Response team deals with 1300 post-quake claims
Keeping Premiums on the Level
By Rob Stock, Stuff Business, 6 May 2012
Turning Complainants into customers
By Benn Bathgate, Good Returns, 22 September 2011
Ombudsman's team just for Christchurch
By Martin Van Beynen, The Press, September 2011
Ombudsman steps up involvement as queries surge
By Lois Cairns, The Press, September 2011
Insurance Disputes - Where do you turn?
By Janine Starks, Financial Agony Aunt, The Press, August 2011
Consumer Focus Newsletter
ISO Constitution and Terms of Reference
The constitution and Terms of Reference which apply from 1 March 2012
The Rules and Terms of Reference which apply prior to 1 March 2012
- ISO 2013 Annual Report
- ISO 2012 Annual Report
- ISO 2011 Annual Report
- ISO 2010 Annual Report
- ISO 2009 Annual Report
- ISO 2008 Annual Report
- ISO 2007 Annual Report
- ISO 2006 Annual Report
- ISO 2005 Annual Report
- ISO 2004 Annual Report
- ISO 2003 Annual Report
Every 5 years, the ISO Scheme is required to conduct an independent review of its complaints handling service.
The 2013 independent review is complete and the ISO Commission is working through its response to each recommendation. Click here to read the 2013 Review of the ISO Scheme.
Click the links below to read copies of the previous 2 independent reviews.
Casenotes have been published annually since 1999 and provide case summaries of all complaints considered by the ISO each year. .